- 1 How is DM diagnosed?
- 2 How do you know if its Type 1 or Type 2?
- 3 What is a good breakfast for prediabetes?
- 4 What should I eat if my sugar is high?
- 5 Is Type 1 or 2 diabetes worse?
- 6 How do doctors tell the difference between Type 1 and 2 diabetes?
- 7 What is the difference between diabetes 1 and 2?
- 8 What is the miracle fruit that cures diabetes?
- 9 Are eggs good for prediabetes?
- 10 What is a good lunch for prediabetes?
- 11 How can I bring my blood sugar down ASAP?
- 12 What foods lower blood sugar immediately?
- 13 How can I lower my blood sugar in minutes?
How is DM diagnosed?
How is diabetes diagnosed? Diabetes is diagnosed and managed by checking your glucose level in a blood test. There are three tests that can measure your blood glucose level: fasting glucose test, random glucose test and A1c test.
How do you know if its Type 1 or Type 2?
The primary test used to diagnose both type 1 and type 2 diabetes is known as the A1C, or glycated hemoglobin, test. This blood test determines your average blood sugar level for the past 2 to 3 months. Your doctor may draw your blood or give you a small finger prick.
What is a good breakfast for prediabetes?
5 healthy breakfast ideas for prediabetes
- Greek-Style Scrambled Eggs. This healthy breakfast has plenty of protein to keep energy up without spiking blood sugar.
- Overnight Spiced Peanut Butter Oatmeal.
- Superfoods Breakfast Bowl.
- Cereal with Yogurt and Berries.
- Cottage Cheese Roll-Up.
What should I eat if my sugar is high?
9 foods to help balance blood sugar levels
- Whole wheat bread.
- Sweet potatoes and yams.
- Oatmeal and oat bran.
- Cold-water fish.
Is Type 1 or 2 diabetes worse?
Type 2 diabetes is often milder than type 1. But it can still cause major health complications, especially in the tiny blood vessels in your kidneys, nerves, and eyes. Type 2 also raises your risk of heart disease and stroke.
How do doctors tell the difference between Type 1 and 2 diabetes?
While there are differences between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, both are diagnosed with blood tests. The diagnosis for Type 1 diabetes is typically done with an A1C blood test; an A1C level of 6.5 percent or higher on two separate tests means you have diabetes.
What is the difference between diabetes 1 and 2?
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune reaction that attacks cells in your pancreas that produce insulin and is caused by inherited genetics or environmental elements. Type 2 diabetes happens when your body becomes resistant to insulin and is associated with genetics and lifestyle choice.
What is the miracle fruit that cures diabetes?
Jamun is the miracle fruit for people with type-2 diabetes.
Are eggs good for prediabetes?
A study from 2018 suggests that regularly eating eggs could improve fasting blood glucose in people with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes. The researchers here suggest that eating one egg per day could reduce a person’s risk of diabetes.
What is a good lunch for prediabetes?
- canned tuna, salmon or sardines.
- low-salt deli meats, such as turkey and chicken.
- hard-boiled eggs.
- salads with a side dressing.
- low-salt soups and chili.
- whole fruit, such as apples and berries.
- cottage cheese.
- plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt.
How can I bring my blood sugar down ASAP?
The following tips can help:
- Eat a consistent diet.
- Get consistent exercise.
- Reduce stress.
- Stay hydrated.
- Get a good night’s rest.
- See your doctor.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Stick to your medication and insulin regimen.
What foods lower blood sugar immediately?
Some of the foods that help keep your blood sugar levels in the healthy range include:
- Vegetables: Green peas. Onions. Lettuce.
- Certain fruits: Apples. Pears. Plum.
- Whole or minimally processed grains: Barley. Whole wheat. Oat bran and rice bran cereals.
- Dairy and dairy-substitute products: Plain yogurt. Cheese. Cottage cheese.
How can I lower my blood sugar in minutes?
Exercise ( even just 10 or 15 minutes ) Exercise can be a very effective method of reducing a high blood sugar. If you don’t take insulin, exercise can be a very simple approach to reducing high blood sugar levels. Even just a 15-minute walk can have a big impact on your blood sugar.